View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 05:02 PM
Kepi
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013

RadialGal,
The investigator from Aeroscope told me the damaged power turbine is inches away from the compressor section of the turbine wheel. Only the power turbine was damaged and not the compressor section. He said if the impact caused the damage to the turbine wheel, he would have expected the compressor turbine to also have damage. But this was not the case. It helps prove that the power turbine failed during the flight.

I believe the propeller was still turning under its own inertia after the engine failed. We are only talking about seconds at the end of this 58 second flight. So no, it was not under power at impact. The engine did not have the damage or torsional overload that would be seen when the prop suddenly is stopped while under power. The investigator mentioned this also to me.

My lawyer hired Aeroscope to investigate the wreckage. I personally talked to the investigator who said the findings were "turbine wheel failure 101" So yes, like you indicate, it should have been easy to tell what happened. I think Martinaire knew this from the beginning and tried to block our access to that engine. They were at the crash scene the next day. They would not allow us to inspect the wreckage without a court order. That is unheard of and very suspicious of their guilt. They also knew their mechanic had taken that turbine wheel out for inspection a couple of weeks before this crash.

As far as the NTSB response, my lawyer is going to write them to see if they would reopen the case. The problem is now that the statute of limitations is just passed on Jan 15th, the wreckage is going to be destroyed at the end of February. So, my wife and I know the truth, but we would like the government to correct their report. The way things have gone for us, I doubt that will happen.
Thanks for your time.