View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:52 AM
saviboy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by rickair7777
Like you said, it looks like you have enough time to go to a major. If you can't get hired by one then you need to self-elvuate and find out WHY. .
I am far from being an expert, but I am not sure that 2500 TT makes u super competitve nowadays. there are a lot of guys with tons of flight time looking for jobs(furloughs from united:2000, us airways:2000, american:3000 independance air, etc...). I am not saying that you can't find a job( remember ,though that internal recommendation is golden or absolutely necessary for certain companies) but I don't know if it would be so abnormal that you don't find a job with a major in the next hour.
have you thought about cargo companies? ( focus, kallita, southern...) they are not amazing but would allow you to get time in heavier ( but older) equipment.
Some of the fractionals are hiring like mad ( netjets 450 until rest of the year) and you would start at a lot better pay than any of the regionals. the equipment might be smaller and the kind of flying different. ( u could get 1week off 1 week on for example). a company like netjets allows u to start in a small airplane but top of the line is a BBJ. there is also netjets international with a fleet of 50 gulstreams. I talked with one their pilots in the bahamas the other day.they were flying Mariah carey from NYC. I am not fond of Carey but it could be another kind of flying you might like.
just my 2 cent.