Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 09:53 AM
billyho
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by 50SeatsofGrey View Post
Call me a pessimist, but I find it hard to believe that a company that was prepared to shut down one of their own subsidiaries in the midst of a pilot shortage would be looking to acquire an entire company just for its labor.

I think it's more likely they'd be betting on most of us having to start over at one of their regionals at year one pay, which unfortunately would be true. The system is rigged.
Exactly. Why merge a senior pilot group with a soon to be junior one? Remember Parker isn't using the flow to help the pilots. He wins on both fronts. First his labor cost a PDT/PSA/ENY drops a ton. Replacing a bunch of senior 100k Captains with 50K Captains is a win. Shaving the top of 3 regionals he's now got a bunch of former WO'ed Pilots in there early 40's to late 50's. at mainline at year one pay. And now Guess what? They won't be at the 12 year top scale at mainline long before they have to retire. Another win.
He'd rather hire all the AWAC folks as Street Captains. 1st year Captain pay and the fact they won't be able to flow for over 5-8 years. Win Win for Parker.
Should be an interesting year for a few regionals. Thank goodness all the majors will be hiring like crazy and they'll need all the pilots they can get.