View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 05:07 PM
SqueeG
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Hello.

I would like to put in a request to standardize the "Quicktake" section of the profiles so as best to compare apples to apples. Currently, all the information that resides in these sections is presented in a haphazard manner with no order of presentation.

With this in mind, I would like to humbly suggest that there are a number of standard items that should be included in each profile (if possible) and presented in a standard format. For example, "Last date of Update" should begin every page. However, other information, like "ordered x# of (type of aircraft) as of date" is not standard and often precedes the more commonly sought information in a profile.

Vacation time, Deadhead pay, cancelation pay, travel benefits & type, health insurance, reserve times, training information, etc. are all standard items that would be very useful information in a profile. Were they included in a dedicated spot AND presented in a standardized format it would greatly reduce the repeated questioning that regularly occurs in the "update threads" in the various forums. It would also encourage members to fill in the spots where information is missing. Other items, like "Owns an oil refinery outside of PHL" isn't really a top of the list item and simply adds noise when it is not prioritized against more commonly sought information.

I would be glad to volunteer my time to help accomplish this undertaking if it would be seen as a value-add to the community. Thank you for your consideration.