View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 07:43 PM
404yxl
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
So after I got hired by Delta back in 2007, I flowed there, right?

It's a pool.
So are you calling the pilots who passed the Endeavor SSP pool pilots? Were the Compass pilots not pool pilots then after they passed the interview and started at Compass by mid-2010? Not that any of these terms really matter. The pilots at Compass passed the interview and placed in the flow group/Compass pool (some did the panel interview with a NWA captain and Delta testing BTW and before then NWA interview procedures) with a metering language in a similar language that Endeavor now has. The Compass pilots who also flowed were interviewed under NWA or Delta ownership, where NWA and Delta had the ultimate say in the process. The panel interview and Delta testing continued for quit some time with the premise of a guaranteed interview, but that never came to fruition. Mesaba pilots had the same thing before theirs ended. Fortunately for the Mesaba pilots that didn't get their flow, they got another crack at it with the SSP at Endeavor.

I just don't get why you think the Endeavor pilots, who have passed the SSP, are somehow much different than the Compass pilots that flowed. Both have metering language and no longer have to pass any more interview to start class at Delta. Both also are slotted in before off the street hires, which makes going to those respective regionals even better since you know the pilots above you will take up slots at Delta first.

This just seems like semantics anyways. The whole point I am trying to get at is that Compass was a good place to go up until 2015 since a large majority would be going to Delta and you would gain seniority quickly. Now Endeavor is a good place to go, since a large majority will be taking the top spots at Delta and gaining seniority will be much quicker.