Old 03-04-2006, 10:25 AM
VBS13

HSLD;

Thank you for your help. Your suggestions are very much needed and appreciated. I would assume that military experience and working with flight crews under high stress situations would also be important factors to consider. I do know that the successful candidate will have to have excellent communication skills, balancing his position with an absolute respect for those that he leads.

At VBS, no one is better than another, period. As CEO, I’m certainly not better than the person that works at a computer or runs a multimillion dollar machine. Those that think themselves “better” than someone else, are never tolerated. We all have a job to do and as such, respect is the first order of every day. I also never tolerate people that think it’s important to create undo stress. There’s enough stress in the basics of what we all do each day, without someone adding to it, as a unnecessary statement of some profound authority and dominion over another.

I must admit that I am troubled at the long standing disputes between flight crews and management. I’m not sure if the problems are the fault of the flight crews, management, unions or all the above. We are non union and hope to stay that way. I just feel that we can provide a better employment relationship, with better benefits, with less problems by inviting organization in that muddy the water up. So the question is, from a professional pilot’s perspective, how do we assure that the friction that happens in other aviation related companies, not happen with us?

As to the matter of hands on expertise with all of our aircraft, we are setting up a policy that will encourage the vital cross training and certification of all of our pilots for all of our aviation platforms. Is this wise?