View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 10:15 PM
404yxl
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
No. Compass had a true flow. So did some of the Mesaba guys. That signifies having done one interview to hire on at airline you're at and then can flow to mainline on without a further interview.

Having passed another "mainline" (or whatever) interview and having to wait at your current company is normally referred to as being in the pool. There's even an entire thread dedicated to that to those floating and waiting to move on to DL. Many of the participants are those that have passed the SSP interview.

The way you're phrasing it can be quite misleading to those weighing their options given that true flows exist at some of the AA regionals.

I'm also interested at seeing how CPZ guys are treated going forward- a number have been hired recently via the regular interview process and are awaiting class dates (are they flows? ).
How is ~300 Endeavor pilots who have already passed the SSP, waiting to go to Delta in 2016-17 any different in terms of status than ~300 Compass pilots who went to Delta in 2014-15?

I don't see a difference in their status other than some parts of their metering agreement and % of the total pilot group. They both go when their number is called. As for the Compass pilots waiting in the pool, I really don't see them any different than the status of the Compass flows other than they aren't ahead of other new hires. The reason why it doesn't really matter anymore at Compass is that there aren't that many waiting on Delta class dates than there use to be. The reason for Endeavor being a better choice than Compass now is the shear % of the pilot group that already has a spot waiting for them at Delta.

Again, we're arguing semantics here about those who have passed the SSP and if they are really any different in status than the Compass flows were. I am stating that the only thing that matters to new hires is career progression and Endeavor offers a similar one than Compass once did.

Originally Posted by Bar Harbor View Post
Those endeavor pilots that have a CJO from their interview through the SSP program do not hold a slot ahead of any off the street hires. If they did they would be on the seniority list at Delta. They are not on that list until their class date.
The SSP agreement states the Endeavor pilots have to comprise a % of the new hire class. That guarantees them spots. When the Compass flow was in affect, they could see reduced numbers due to it, but now it should increase to ~180 in 2016 and 200+ in 2017. Significant attrition, similar to what Compass was seeing. Compass pilots also didn't have a seniority number at Delta until their class date. They got held back and kept their hire date, but that is the only difference in how the Compass and Endeavor pilots are treated in their respective agreements. The Endeavor pilots have to be released by the end of the year, so they will be gone regardless.

Originally Posted by Gjn290 View Post
404 will argue with you about this all day. He's the biggest endeavor cheerleader in probably the entire industry. Hopefully they're paying him.
Sure, I was telling new hires to look at Compass over Endeavor in 2013-2014, and now I think Endeavor is the better bet in 2016 onward. I think Envoy is close to being another good bet over Compass now. If Compass or other regionals get a real flow/SSP agreement with mainline partners I will state the pros then. However, as it stands now, Endeavor and Envoy will have the most attrition when compared to he other regionals. Throw PDT in there as well, since I think their flow also allows a good % of the total pilot group to flow to AA as well.