View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Work4life
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by TallFlyer View Post
Just a thought, but you could broaden your horizons a bit. Off the top of my head I can think of other airlines with bases in LAS, SFO, OAK, PHX, LAX, ONT, etc, as well, not to mention other airlines that home base wherever you want.

Apply soon, apply often.
I've got my apps in with the big boys also but this was a hypothetical question since jetBlue and Alaska are similar companies in that each have a big presence on both coasts (west for Alaska and east for jetBlue). I have a lot of info about the other airlines from my buds but I don't have a whole lot of people that I know at Alaska and jetBlue, especially at Alaska.
I remember speaking with someone from my squadron who left for Alaska years ago. I didn't know him very well since he left shortly after I got to the squadron. He was so happy to land a job there but I recently heard that he is looking for greener pastures. Why would anyone leave a major/legacy airline and give up their seniority? Those are the things I'd like to hear about so that I can make an intelligent decision. They both seem like very good companies but I just don't know.