Old 01-25-2016, 06:37 PM
FLY6584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 737 right

Originally Posted by LGApilot View Post
Potato, this is an anonymous forum. I don't think I'm handing in a paper for school. I guess you haven't come across many Ivy graduates in your life. We are not that different from your normal college graduates, yes academically smarter but that's about it. We are not nerdy intellectuals as you are assuming. Anyhow, I have no beef with you. Shy guy comes across as a very sad person, hope he gets the help he really needs. Shy guy does it make you jealous that I will retire in the single digits at UAL? It should bother you a lot..If you were such a great pilot you wouldn't be flying for the airline you are currently at. You would be somewhere desirable and what's it to you that I only applied to United? It's none of your business..I know how to be a real douc$&bag but I will stop.
Dude if you are in fact a new hire at United I would be very worried someone doesn't or hasn't already sent this link to the hiring folks at United. You are easily identifiable and if I were on the hiring team at United this type of attitude would not be what I wanted at my company.

And get off your high horse. As someone mentioned earlier, try starting out as an unconnected white male in this country and see how hard it becomes to get into ivy league schools and get hired by airlines that you will "retire in the single digits" at. I too, will retire in the single digits at my airline, but would never throw that in someone's face. The only thing I did differently than the majority of guys I work with that are older is that I got lucky and timed it right. My experience pales in comparison to the group of highly qualified men and woman I was hired with and I was honored to have had the chance to sit next to them in class.