Old 01-26-2016, 11:29 AM
David Puddy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by 82spukram View Post
Jet Pilot Mike,

Anything is possible when all parties involved are motivated. The question in my mind is not can it be done (in as little as 9months) but what would the product look like? What would the impact on things like the stock price be if we spent 2 years worth of product development cost in 6 months (I don't personally care but the people the board does)? Getting pilots typed and bringing on a new fleet can be done but it would not be an AQP program. The aircraft would be limited to one or two bases and almost all out and back flying. All of things you mentioned are valid points but if the Company thinks it makes sense then make no mistake it will be done. (While I like the C-Series more and have ~3000 hours in the 190 and didn't enjoy it I think a 190 program would be much quicker to get up and running largely because we could just buy one of our regional partners program and contract out the maintence program while our technitions receive training.)
All good points. I get it about ramp-up time. No doubt SWISS has had to do the same with a new platform. Fortunately, Bombardier has the support infrastructure throughout the US already established for the CRJ/Q400, but training and parts will need to be addressed. Bombardier no doubt needs to step-up and show it can successfully address ramp-up timing - especially for potential legacy customers.