View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 07:00 PM
GoHomeLeg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by Taylor814ce View Post
I only ask because I read few RAH bashing posts here and there but not many if any can say why it's so bad. Only argument now days are possibility of bankruptcy. And I did my share of search on older threads and biggest complaints have been no cancelation pay, no contract, low pay. These all have been fixed with the new contract so what's the problem now???
The management hasn't changed since the contract. Yes the some things were wondering with the new contract but BB has never done anything without a game plan. Anything. The company is positioning itself for a bankruptcy. In this bankruptcy the newly won contract is going to be gutted. How hard will it be for BB to say "this pilot contract put us in this position". It was the last thing that was negotiated.

The fleet will shrink because it can no longer be "cost competitive". Sure RJET owns the planes but how will they pay for it if flying (routes) gets moved to one of the other 4 airlines that fly 175s. RJET will either have to sit on leases for other planes (go further into debt) or sell off some of their assets and hope that they can "right size" themselves.

In the meantime lifers will take huge concessions. Downgrades will happen. Junior pilots will chase the planes.

It happened before with Pinnacle. It is happening now with Republic.

Management hasn't changed. That's why you don't go to Republic.