View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 08:11 AM
whalesurfer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by BrandiNett View Post
If you have a problem with the profiles, you are more than welcome to submit changes. The last time I checked the profile content guy responds to messages for profile updates very promptly.

Updates themselves might be a bit slower because we do like to verify information that is submitted with our contacts in the industry before publishing the changes.

If you would like to volunteer to be someone to help verify information, all you need to do is submit a change for the airline you can verify and indicate as such in your message.

No, I am not a pilot, but I am a community and customer service manager and everything you guys say is listened to, in as professional a way as I can muster, and I do my best to get what you guys ask for. If that is not excellent customer service then I don't know what else can be done.

That being said, what I am capable of doing and what you expect me to do for the site don't seem to be the same.

It's probably not clearly obvious to you, but anything that happens with the forums that I have direct control over is taken care of as soon as I am made aware of the issue. As for larger things that I can't fix, there are processes here at IB that I have to follow for tech changes and it isn't immediate - I have to go through my boss, the product manager, and our technical manager before pretty much anything can be done.

And yes, sometimes I use a rolling eyes emoji. I am human, I have feelings, and sometimes I like to express them.

Fair enough. Good reply and I can see it from your perspective too. Your boss should give you more control - micromanaging ultimately hurts most businesses.