Gets Weekends Off
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2007
  • Position
    767 Captain
Quote: My dad worked in special ops under the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff for 20 years. He said he's going to try and get a hold of him and see if I could receive a letter of recommendation from him.
Special ops..... Very hush, hush...... Agent Orange, Special Agent Orange..that was me.

Just realized that's probably going to flop. This guy was born 12 years after Trading Places came out. Oh well.

Technically, everyone in the U.S. military works under the chairman of the JCS. He's the highest ranking military member. There have been seven individuals who have held that position in the last 20 years. I kind of doubt your dad worked directly for all of them. That's not your usual entry level job for a brand military member or one they would hold for 20 years straight. But, we get it, your dad may be able help you network. That's good.

Factual issues aside, if your dad can get the current chairman to take an interest in your personal situation, I'd say you have a better than average chance at a pilot slot. Keep us appraised and good luck.