View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 12:54 PM
BrandiNett
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: Good Ship Lollipop

Originally Posted by whalesurfer View Post
Fair enough. Good reply and I can see it from your perspective too. Your boss should give you more control - micromanaging ultimately hurts most businesses.
I wouldn't call it micromanaging per-se, it's more like things needing approval (and to make sure they don't break anything else) before they are pushed live.

Originally Posted by Flytolive View Post
Tried that to no avail.

The airline profiles are so out of date and poorly written they should be completely pulled down. They have become disinformation.
Please PM me your email and I will have our profile guy email you directly for any information you have to offer to get the profiles you feel are out of date, up to date.

Originally Posted by whalesurfer View Post
The person in charge of keeping the profiles up-to-date should contact J.S., ups pilot and one of the co-founders of this site, for advice on how to keep those profiles current. Honestly, APC's initial value came solely from those profiles. For us they were the gold standard of information and often people learned news about their own airlines from APC rather than from management of their own airlines. It was because of the airline profiles, the latest industry news and the ultra-current interview gouges that we all started frequenting the APC forums. Once you let go of quality updates the forums will lose their relevance.
I believe the guy in charge of updating can update the profiles. The real issue comes down to ensuring the information is accurate and valid before posting it. What we really need are trustworthy people who can quickly verify the updates in order to get back to that standard.