View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:50 AM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

First year FOs will get around $27 per hour for OT on 7 & 7 and a little over $30 on the reserve schedule. I did about 100 hours of OT last year from mid March through the end of the year on the Excel (busy fleet). I'm on pace for about 100 hours of OT this year. I would guess most fleets will be able to get at least 50 hours of OT, but it is spread out and you cannot pay your bills month to month based on getting OT. Most pilots work about 5 of the 10 holidays that get extended day pay (around $320 first year). The Excel pays another $225 a month for differences pay and is the biggest and fastest growing fleet. Per diem is about $41 a day is and is mostly banked since the company provides crew food while you are working. I did about half of last year on the reserve schedule on the Excel and my W2 showed 50K. Tips and perdiem were about another 10K. I think this is a pretty good first year, but the main problem is that it barely goes up year to year until you are a captain- only another couple of thousand. This will have to be addressed on the next contract if the company wants to continue to bring in good pilots since it will take longer and longer to upgrade as we get bigger and bigger.