TonyC
Organizational Learning 
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2005
  • Position
    Directly behind the combiner
Quote:
Is it just me or were we missing a point. He said it "I could give you many well-substantiated reasons to do so, but in the interest of brevity I’ll limit myself to three important ones." Then he lists $2700 per month and a brief mention of Scope. That's only two reasons or did I miss one?

You missed one, but it was a function of the vBulletin software (that runs this forum) changing the format of the text. As read in your e-mail or on the website, it is more clear.

I'll try to make it look correct here:

Quote:

I do recommend you vote for the LOA, though. I could give you many well-substantiated reasons to do so, but in the interest of brevity I’ll limit myself to three important ones:
  1. During the negotiation of our Contract we promised you we wouldn’t bring you any agreement that didn’t contain quantifiable economic gain. Taking into account only the $2700.00 per month to secure housing, the $32,400.00 per year that the monthly allowance totals, amounts to a 21.6% pay premium for a sixth year FO earning $150,000.00 annually, and 14.4% for a twelfth year Captain earning $225,000.00. By any measure those percentages represents quantifiable economic gain that is quite substantial. In fact, the 21.6% pay premium for a First Officer exceeds the cumulative pay raises of the entire 2006 Agreement on a per year basis.
  2. Scope. The approval of this LOA further memorializes this flying under our Agreement and the Railway Labor Act. I know you understand the importance of that.
  3. The rejection of something as straightforward as an LOA that only adds to our current Agreement and gives up nothing can only empower the “hawks” on the management side. They already believe we are an unruly mob given to anarchy.
I hope that removes any confusion about the number of reasons.