View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 08:07 PM
NotPart91
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by HeWhoRazethAll View Post
Hey everybody,

Wanted to get some perspective(s). I'm burning out at my current gig and trying to make sure that I'm not being unreasonable.

Here are the facts:

Single Pilot, 1 Aircraft (single turbo-prop)

24/7 365 on call. 56K a year. No bennies (1099). Hotels, but no meals or rental car paid for. No hard days off or PTO. No relief pilot. $50 per diem.

An average month is 17 days flying, 12-13 days overnights. Usually 12 hours notice, but about 25% less than that. Lots of redeyes and some international flying too.

I negotiated the terms for 2 years when it was represented that I'd be flying MAYBE 150 hours a year and they encouraged me to have other part time flying. I've flown 286 hours in 7 months, been gone 89 days out of the past 120. I have to give up trips on other jets all the time because of my lack of schedule.

I feel like I'm flying too much for too little (so say we all), but I am gone more than the average regional guy and not making much more coin after taxes, and I don't have hard days off. I figure I should be making $500 (+) per day if I'm flying this much and on-call 24/7, either that or I need solid days off.

My plan is to have a sit-down with the mgr and renegotiate compensation/schedule or walk (Boutique, Surf, something like that; or maybe even a Regional). They're nice enough people, but I'm burning out.

Also, I'm a pretty young guy just over ATP mins a year ago.

Am I being unreasonable?
PM sent...