View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 04:39 AM
billyho
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by CAirBear View Post
As for bailing, (unless your very junior), I don't get it. The numbers aren't BS. 18,000 retirements are happening in just 6 years. Do you honestly think the only way any of us are getting to a legacy (or anywhere beyond RJs) is by absolutely having to have TPIC? Sure right now, as of Feb 2nd, 2016 it probably does help (to an extent), but in 2 years (if we did close he doors)?

Stick to where your QOL is the best. If for some reason it sucks here, sure go ahead. For me, 2.5 years here (not horribly far from upgrade) I'm not bailing. I have great schedules and enjoy it here. The grass isn't always greener.
I agree if your QOL is good then stick it out. When I was at PDT and everyone was bailing I was still happy living in base. 5 minute drive to the airport, living on the water, friends with boats. Life was great, why mess that up? Instead on chasing another airline for an upgrade ask yourself are you 'happy'. Like my father said, 'don't mess with happy'. Now if you're not happy at AWAC then that's a totally different story. Believe me I know what it feels like to be flying with a bunch of pilots that are 'gloom and doom' and it can be frustrating. Don't let those folks get you down, you only have yourself to make happy.

I agree there will be plenty of hiring however I do believe for awhile PIC time will still be important especially since many of the regional folks will be competing against tons of Military Pilots now getting out and flooding the majors. Seemed like 90% of the interview classes at American were Military Pilots. Then again how many of them will be around also.

If you make a lateral move just make sure it improves your QOL.
But I will say if you make the move NEVER look back.

Good Luck! Sounds like a tough decision.