View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Name User
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by Battlinbear View Post
I believe you have made a great decision. Fate truly is the hunter. When I cfiing, and grinding to get a 1000 hours TT to get on w skywest or horizon in 06-07. My friends who were at regionals (whiskey,envoy,psa, pinnacle) said it might be time to get on w a regional who is hiring with less, and has quick upgrades. I chose Pdt and moved across the country. Sat rsv for almost 2 years before being furloughed for 10 months. (Lucky, I was still in early 20s and moved home and flew a seaplane for a few months to keep me doing what I love) 1 month after pdt recalled me I was offered a interview and job at compass. Had to make the decision to jump or stay. Said to myself, ya know today's greatest airline is tomorrows worst and vise versa. Pdt at that time was bottom of the barrel. Decided to stay put. Lived in base. Pay was horrible.. But, I finally got my shot to upgrade...Few years later. Was only on ca rsv 9 months now 15 in base out of 42. Way I see it. WHISKEY ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE. And things will move it the right direction very soon. Obviously not as fast at pdt cause we are so small. For what it is worth, I say you made the rigjt decision to not jump laterally. Someone mentioned go to airline like it is your last. Get your seniority number and hold on to it! Best of luck to you and your future.
Just think had you gone to Compass you'd be at Delta now.