View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 10:35 AM
SpeedyVagabond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Downwind, headed straight for the rocks, shanghaied aboard the ship of fools.

Originally Posted by zippinbye View Post
Ex EMB 170/190 series drivers, please chime in. A few pages back, a poster cited sh**ty build quality on the 190. What gives?
Well I've been flying 170s, 75s, and 90s for nine years. I think they're great airplanes. As the first operator of them in the US, my respects to Mid-Atlantic who we grew out of, we've had the opportunity to see them through all their teething pains and they've grown into reliable very capable aircraft. I don't get the feeling at all that they're disposable junk. The bathrooms could be a little more robust with heavier materials more solidly put together. I think Embraer could have done a better job with the FBW feel of the 70s and earlier 75s but they've fixed that on the latest models. I enjoy hand flying and feeling the planes and the newer 75s have a much nicer feel when hand flying. The 190s have always felt nice. Very capable. You can load them up with gas and people and get right up into the high 30s cruising at .78. I miss our 190s but I'm glad they're gone. In my opinion it should definitely be operated by the mainline pilot groups. One last point. Ergonomically, Embraer hit it out of the park. Everything is laid out very well and their quiet and dark concept for the flight deck is the most sensible approach to switches and buttons of any flight deck I've ever been on and I've jumpseated a great many different ones.

And like the other poster mentioned, I hope you guys don't accept subpar wages to fly it. It's the same as every other other domestic narrow body and that's what I hope you guys get.

My two cents.