View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Stihlsaw
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014

I was always interested in airplanes, my father was working on his private when he was killed. I can remember looking at his maps and charts as a young kid in the mid-late 70's. My mother and father divorced when I was 8 and I stayed with my father every other holiday and for the summers. My parents did the "kid exchange" in Minneapolis as that was the halfway point, my dad and I would spend hours outside the fence along 29L/11R (30L/12R now) at KMSP and watch jets land and takeoff. Back then it was the "good ol days" of airlines and I can to this day remember seeing Western 727's and the old "blue goose" of North Central DC-9's!

After my dad passed my mother re-married to a dairy farmer. I loved running farm equipment and throughout growing up I realized that was my calling in life. I see a piece of equipment weather it be a tractor or construction equipment or a big rig and I want to drive it! Same thing with planes, I see a 757 or a G-V and I want to fly it!

Been flying Corp jets for 20+ years now and wouldn't trade it for the world. I've had the last 6 days in a row off and already getting itchy to go on a trip! Doing a west coast run starting Saturday and looking forward to it!