View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 07:15 PM
higney85
Property of Scheduling

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver

Originally Posted by BobJenkins View Post
I absolutely agree with you. As I do with most of your posts. You seem to be a voice of reason among much drama and trolls. I admire that. Not harsh at all, IMHO, don't know why you thought it was. Each "arena" one flies in is slightly different as to the rules that guide us. Doesn't mean previous experience is any less valuable, of course, just means we have to do what we do a little differently.
If you are a mil guy, I would say to take a deep breath. It's different in 121. Just pointing out that hours and experience, by regime, has both a learning curve and past foundation to build on. 250 hours of total flight experience still leaves many mistakes to be made as learning blocks. Ask a 500 hour guy how many things he regrets at 250... Ask a 5,000 guy what he regrets at 1,500. If flight time didn't equate to some form of experience they wouldn't be the basis of credentials and minimums. 1500 was a knee jerk reactionary number to make it ATP mins to fly for an airline. Was it right? Wrong? Who knows. Step in the right direction? I'd say yes.