View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 05:30 PM
NightIP
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by Diesel8 View Post
And you believe what they say? I'll believe it when I see it in print - from Atlas management.

McCaskill-Bond. Yeah, that's an easy read. Fairly difficult to find anything that is definitive in that stuff, not to say that it could be of some benefit, though the AA - TWA thing is still a train wreck.

NMB Single Carrier Status - this is a possible solution, have seen some Teamsters documents regarding this issue. The thing here is time and expense.

Quick perusal of the SAI CBA shows "merger" only, and is considered such only if the operations/infrastructure are taken up the successor company. If SAI remains standalone, this is a moot point. Lots of holes in that one.

Gotta go, have a show time.
There's really nothing for them to gain by keeping the two groups separate. I see the NAC 737s in CVG picking up Southern's slack; they can't staff their jets as-is.

Maybe they have another plan, but right now, the information we have is that there's an intention to merge the two lists. It makes the most sense, and any other theory about running separate entities is only a theory.