Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 08:22 AM
frmrbuffdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by vadermonkey View Post
hey guys, if I could i'd like to add to the discussion with a question.

I fly a Shorts 360, 1300 TT 300 Turbine 500 multi. I was offered a position on the 99 but applied for the metro in Miami where i'm currently based. I was told that I could be sent to the Miami base in the Metro in about 6-12 months.

I was wondering firstly:

1- what is the pay? I was told 44 a year. is this anywhere near correct true?

2-I'm thinking about flying out west, California/Salt Lake city. any info on these runs? domiciles? schedules? living areas?

3- is the transfer/upgrade back to KMIA true for someone with my time, or is it a bait and switch to get me in to a route no one wants?

any information on these would be greatly appreciated, as much of the info I found here was a little dated, and I do not have much contact with many Amflight pilots in this area.

Thank you
I can't answer question #2 but I can address the others.

1 - $44K is correct for first year BE99 captains.

3 - I would think an upgrade to MIA would be very possible once you have another 3-400 hours in your book. The Shorts time (I'm assuming most of it is right seat since you are only 100 hours over 135 mins) would definitely be a plus because you have experience with a more systems intensive airplane. Our "book" number for the metro is 2500 hrs TT but most in house transitions have been going in the 16-1800 hour range. I have been flying the "tube" for many years and it can be a handful when flown single pilot which is why you AREN'T going to get it at 1300 hours TT. The two other factors that could delay your transition would be if someone senior bids for the spot and if the base you are at gets really short handed on 99 pilots and they can't cover you're leaving.