View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 05:26 PM
captainv
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Knuckle-dragging line pilot

Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
Shack.

Stop reading. You have no idea where some of these guys have been and what their experiences are. And yet we return here day after day to see who's going to stir the pot next.

Someone is going to hire me to fly a big friggin' airplane, fly internationally and pay me enough money to live on??? I fail to see the problem here.
Ah, I remember this attitude well from the regionals. That's how the race to the bottom gets justified, over and over again - because it pays slightly more then where you currently are.

I've been at Atlas more than 4 years. I was as senior as it gets on the 767 last year, before transitioning to the 747 in the summer. Didn't break $80k in 2015. Compare that to, oh, ABX or UPS or FedEx. Before you compare it to the lower-tier carriers, tell me how their scope of operations matches up to ours.

If Atlas is better than your current gig, come on over. But realize we are not paid nearly what we are worth for the work we do. And if you do come, roll up your sleeves and get to work and help us fight. And don't you ever b!tch to me about your paycheck.