View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 05:21 AM
C-17 Driver
Abused Spouse of PBS

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
The city is centered around the Schloss Platz with the main street, Koning Strasse, running through the downtown. The Koning Str has the Haupt Banhhof on one end and a great Irish bar called Biddy Earlys just off to the right on the other end.

The Museum across the Schloss Platz from the Neau Schloss (4 or 5 story glass structure) is a great spot for a rainy and cold day.

Good restaurants around the schloss platz are Ochs and Wilis (Steaks and German Food) and the Grand Cafe de Plaine.

The U Bahn will get you around just about everywhere and is very easy to use.

The old standyby is always the Dubliner Irish Pub in the SI Millenium Hotel is always a great bet. If you get a chance to check out a musical there I highly recommend it.
I haven't seen that Call Sign in a while! I was Clue 21 while I was there (98-01)

I agree, Stuttgart is a great town. Don't forget to mention the Mercedes Museum. Even if one is not a gear head, it can still be enjoyed. I always thought it was really neat when they fired up that original Daimler 1887 model by the front door and watching that huge piston shoot oil out.

Do Herman, Chicken Man, and Tommy still work there at SAAF?