View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Chyna
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
Thanks Chyna. Call you tell me why the difference in schedules for each fleet?
How many hours roughly guys/gals are flying?
Looks like they need DC-9 crews. Is that the worst fleet to be on?
Can Connie with his big issues at big Kalitta simply use K2 to move the 747 operation.

I have heard K2/121 will fire people in a heart beat. You also spend a lot of time driving in vans to pick up flights. I am also assuming it's coach travel on other carriers? Is it also full CASS?
1. No I can not.

2. anywhere from 15 to 45 most of the time somewhere in the middle

3. No , not at all , it all depends , if you are local to the DTW area the DC9 is just as good a fleet , if you are not than I guess the 727 is the better aircraft to be on as pilots get accommodations and cars while at base , 727 pilots get picked up and dropped off from DTW at the beginning and at the end of each rotation , so no crash pads or airport cars are needed which is money in the pocket.

DC 9 sched is 9 on 9 off , 727 is 16 on 12 off , I believe the 737 is 13 on -10 off . ( For now there is no flow through between fleets )

Also K2 and K4 are two different operations , while K4 is Connie's operation K2 is Doug's Kalitta operation with no flow through between the two .

Of course 727 , DC9 or 73-4 can not move the loads and do not have the range to fly 747 loads so personally I can't see Connie using K2 to fly K4 business or moving pilots between the two because of "problems " mind you , both K2 and K4 are represented by the Teamsters ...

Pilots getting fired in a heart beat ? Not really.

Driving the van ? yes between close bases of operations to re-position crews at the beginning and at the end of rotations or to bring your fellow pilots to or from the airport at the beginning or end of rotation.

Yes coach while being re-positioned on other carriers .

CASS ? yes , all except for Delta ( can still JS on the Delta's regionals)

Last edited by Chyna; 02-11-2016 at 09:05 AM.