Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Flyingphi
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by Std Deviation View Post
No. A guy that stays in shape by eating clean and lifting 5-6 days a week. And if I were, what does it matter? I'm not the director of the entertainment committee. I have friends and a life outside of work. If I worked in an office would I go drink with my coworkers every night? No. I'll go out here and there but I left the frat boy stuff at the regionals.

I find day drinking followed by a red eye to have a deleterious effect on my sleep. So yeah, I slam click instead of slam beers at 7am when I have to fly all night in 23 hours. I never understood the perceived obligation to force oneself into a social situation one would not engage in if one were in another profession. Because the 20 something FAs would CERTAINLY hang out with us 40+ something pilots if we were 9-5 accountants not picking up the tab. Yeah. I guess I'm a "non-pilot pilot" in that I actually enjoy hanging out and sleeping with my own wife. But that's just me. If the company ink is your thing dip your pen right in. By the way, all my classmates were at the same hotel and we socialized just fine outside of a company compound.
Thanks for the monologue. I'm just talking about when your stuck down for 6 weeks straight.