Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 10:43 AM
frmrbuffdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
A perfect example of that is how everyone is told they will be home every night. Maybe people don't consider being home from 8pm to 415am quality nights at home. Not everyone gets the run that starts at 10am and gets home at 4pm 4 days a week. There are lots of half truths spilled out by management on this site and other places. And there is a correlation between that and the bleeding of employees each month.
I'd like to know who is telling candidates they will be home every night. I know our previous recruiting director would always describe a BUR bank run which was daytime flying, M-F, and then they would get to Dallas and find out they were flying every Saturday morning. Used to tick me off when I had to break that news to them.

I thought I had broken the current recruiters of that. And I know they have asked me about specific runs I am familiar with to be able to give the folks they call a more realistic idea of what to expect.

And I don't know ANYONE who gets the 10AM to 4PM, 4 day a week run. I don't think that run even exists.