Old 02-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Vito
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757/767 Capt

OP,
My best friend decided back in 1998 to stay corporate instead of coming to UPS. He flies top shelf G-5's and for great companies like, Amoco, BP! Bristol-Meyers...he lost all those jobs due to mergers (BP/Amoco) and the financial crises of 2008..he thought they were rock solid jobs that you can build a future on, but they closed their departments on the drop of a dime. He'll be working till he's 70 because of all the turmoil, lack of retirement bennies etc. As far as what a lot of these guys tell you, listen to what they say, but I feel some of it is a little over dramatic ( years of Hell) GMAFB! Or that night flying is horrible. Some of this is generational, soft guys, who got trophies for coming in 5 th place..if you look at the history of this business, upgrading in 15 or 20 years is the norm at many airlines, like American, Delta, and United...ask any 1988-1995 new-hire at those airlines how long it's taken them to upgrade. Here's my advice, if UPS offers you the job, take it. You'll enjoy a retirement that's much better than any other out there, I expect your pay will be much higher than what your making now in a year or two, and you'll be flying with a great bunch of guys. Also, retirements in the next decade will be substantial and as long as your wife and mine buy things on their computers, we'll have job security. I spent 28 years in the military and trust me, this job is not Hell! Sitting in a POW camp is hell, storming Omaha beach is hell, not getting paid six figures to fly an ILS at night!