View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 10:35 AM
Chyna
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
Thanks again Chyna. Are you saying you never have to load/unload the aircraft? I ask as K2 would be the best job going with what you are writing.

I have from someone that it's not Doug but flight ops management that will fire you on the spot if you do not do what you are told or do not work extra days.

I've been called a few times but do not trust the "Kalitta"name.

Are they hiring for all fleets? More 737s coming?
True , I never " Had" to and it was always a welcome option to get a little extra pay , like I wrote you are not really loading ( as in lifting or pushing) but rather strapping the load.
Again , no pilot that I know of or heard of was ever fired on the spot , if someone was let go it was someone with more than one issue with the company . you have to understand that with the hiring everywhere these days airlines try to maintain their work force and training is costly .

Extra days ? never ! if they have to keep you for an extra day they have to pay you extra and possibly fly you home , not only that you are not forced into working extra days but you are sometimes released a day or two early.

From what I understand , yes , more 73's are on the way and they will be hiring onto the DC9 , not sure about the 727 as there is a group that is still in training , more than likely in the foreseeable future. ( they advertise on the orange site)