Thread: FedEx Hiring
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 04:32 AM
MaydayMark
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD-11 Captain

Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
I think you would be fine with that. I've seen many combinations and have never heard of any problems. I think that language is just there if someone brings 5 bags or some level of baggage that's clearly nuts. There is no weighing, no bag sizer, no measuring at all. If you can carry them, two bags is fine.
I've seen several people with bicycles ... nobody seemed to mind.

During one of my Reserve periods I went to a local MEM auto parts junkyard. When I jumpseated home, I had several big auto parts (fender and bumper) wrapped in bubble wrap. I found the Captain in Flight Ops prior to going to the airplane. His only concern seemed to be were we would store them. He was happy with my, "behind the cargo net?" answer.

It a little bit more trouble for the f/o to make sure that the extra luggage is secure. It it were me I would offer to help him with the luggage Rubik's cube.

The only time I've EVER heard of a problem I suspected it was because the guys had issues PRIOR to that flight.

Good luck, I don't think you'll have any problems (especially if you can carry it up the stairs is 1 trip).

And ... I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the "FedEx Hiring" thread topic?