Gets Weekends Off
Chris
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2005
  • Position
    GA7
It's easily understood why a lot of you guys get frustrated with the ground crews as I see it every day that I work. I work for CAL (IAH Term E), but I imagine the attitude of the agents are pretty much universal no matter where you go. Here the more senior agents work in the morning so you're going to get much better quality agents in the morning.

The ground crews in the evening are pretty much filled with kids, government retirees (police force, firefighters) and people who just want airline benefits but basically can afford to lose their job. A lot of the kids who work in the evening seem as though they've grown up with a male figure completely absent in their life. It's really frustrating to work with these guys, since I work in the evening, because a lot of them just basically DON'T CARE!! Unfortunately, it seems, I'm one of the ones who do care, and am one of the ones forced to hold out the a/c because the rest of my crew doesn't show up. Then I have to take sh*t from the captain when it's marshalled in, no surprise.

I'll be happy to be rid of the place, myself.

Chris