Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 11:15 PM
Flyinlynn
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Really? How about you finish your instructing, get your ATP and then get hired by one of the better regionals with a legacy flow-through and go fly a CR9/E175 instead of an aging E120? You have plenty of options out there....
Well that would be great but I am working second shift at my regular job so not giving much instruction. Since last June I have 50 hours given. Not too many students looking for instruction from 9 am to 1 PM window weekdays before I go to work at 2 PM.

I am a late career changer so I don't have many years left where I can fly for an airline. Basically wanting to retire early and fly for a living. I will be 58 next month and I make a good wage at my current employer of 24 years. I want to retire and draw my pension and fly but still need money for the house payment. Retiring and hoping I make enough money instructing is more than a little risky in Washington state with all our rain. That is why I am looking at Ameriflight for the hopefully consistent work and cash flow.

Got any suggestions based on my situation?