Thread: Nicholas Air
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 02:22 AM
PilotSam
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by ak68W View Post
No one was "fined" per say however flight pay "bonus" was forfeited for trips that had "incomplete, or erroneous logs"(splitting hairs i know). Some of it was kind of ridiculous, but its all in the manual that you sign, and its been an ongoing issue and they finally called people on it. The signing of the flightlogs thing was a pretty stupid reason, but incorrect times and no fuel burns and wrong airports... No one works off days without pay except on the FO side which has no schedule. Worked days off are not mandatory. I have been given days off not owed to me, out of graciousness, then asked to fly a trip during that time and still received day off pay. The majority of people leaving left before the 8/6 schedule was implemented. Its a good company with good people. Lots of hiring going on ramping up to keep the schedule more stable and for the new airplanes. Biggest thing irking people right now is the street hiring into bigger airplanes due to the short staffing.

and yeah there are plenty of regionals hiring for 23$/hr if you like that sort of thing.

.02c
Hummmmm, you paint a complexly different picture then what I have been told. In Dec and Jan, 7 captain and 3 FO either left or gave notice(a required 90 day) and several more in Feb. and FO do not get paid for working extra days. From what I understand several of the FO's have a continue to work 24 to 40 days in a row and when they ask for time off. . . . They get push back from the company. All of this after the 8/6 schedule. I was thinking of applying but have changed my mind and I am aware of several others that have done the same. Commuting from ATL or being home based my aviation career simpler then others. Aviation is a small world....the real picture has a way of getting out.