Thread: Nicholas Air
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 06:32 AM
ak68W
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by PilotSam View Post
Hummmmm, you paint a complexly different picture then what I have been told. In Dec and Jan, 7 captain and 3 FO either left or gave notice(a required 90 day) and several more in Feb. and FO do not get paid for working extra days. From what I understand several of the FO's have a continue to work 24 to 40 days in a row and when they ask for time off. . . . They get push back from the company. All of this after the 8/6 schedule. I was thinking of applying but have changed my mind and I am aware of several others that have done the same. Commuting from ATL or being home based my aviation career simpler then others. Aviation is a small world....the real picture has a way of getting out.
Not sure how the picture i painted is that all that different....just a little clarification, and some other points. 7 captains did not leave in two months. I did say the FO's do not have a schedule, and thus do stay out on the road for long times, and obviously don't have WDO pay. I would not agree to that, but if you come in as an FO, they make no bones about it, and tell you straight up that there is no schedule. Since i have done my type, and 299 ride, my schedule has been rock solid. The most I have done before I got online was 11 days. I also have had a whole rotation off giving me 3 weeks off last year. I have flown with an FO who has had over two weeks off, this is not the norm but it happens. I do know one FO who was complaining about working for 56 days in a row but he asked them to stay out as long as possible lol. They are trying to hire enough people to have a standby crew for each airframe, so that one rotation, you sit stanby at home, and enough where we can get some PTO hopefully. I think eventually we will go to CA on CA....but that is just my hypothesis, and it does happen not infrequently now.

ATL should open up alot of doors for you. Have you tried planesense? they have 8/6 for FO's, the pay is not quite as good, and the raise structure is not nearly as generous but you wouldnt have to take the risk of no schedule?

I do know why one FO left....pm for details