Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Southerner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Default jetBlue Hiring

Originally Posted by rvr1800 View Post
So do you, Southerner, agree or disagree with his opinions? Or is this just a board where we blindly scream our opinions onto the Internet and there shall be no discussion further?

I disagree with 1 and 2. I'm indifferent about 3. I agree with 4, for the most part. I agree with 5, 6, and 7.

As far as 4 goes, I think the MEC needs to pick it's battles, and be less reactive. They are trying to appease a very specific, vocal (belligerent) minority with some of their emails because they fear getting removed from office.

I'll be the first to walk a picket line and rant and rave when the time comes, but the time ain't here yet fellas. My last airline (ASA) negotiated for 5 years for the 2007 contract. It got nasty at the end, and for good reason. We ain't there yet. We are just getting warmed up.

I'm still waiting for the company to realize it is actually in their best interests to get this thing done pronto. We should be happy if it drags out until Delta, United, SouthWest, Spirit and American all reset their rates higher.