Thread: ALPA
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 02:35 PM
gzsg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by RedBaron007 View Post
To me, ALPA's resources far outweigh the arguments against joining. I understand a lot of the reservations; however this move would only be a benefit to the pilots. Yeah a lot of the same issues may still exist if we become ALPA, but we will have the best resources in the world for safety, negotiation, economics and financial analysis, security, lobbying, among other departments. With those improvements, as well as being in the driver's seat at ALPA national, as the largest pilot group represented there, we stand to gain much more than we would with APA.

That said, I am sympathetic to those of you who have deep seated hate for everything that is ALPA based on your experiences. There have been inexcusable mistakes made that harmed pilots' careers. I haven't had that experience and think it's important for us to look to the future, while we understand the past.
With all due respect, you are not paying attention.

ALPA president Tim Canoll works for management. When has he EVER talked about the Billions in wasted money on stock buy backs? When has he ever pointed our Delta exec's compensation is up over 900% since Chapter 11?

He and Lee Moak feel we have "good, mature contracts".

All these guys care about are themselves.

Where is Lee Moak?