View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Jamers
Gets Off to Weekends

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by SIUav8er View Post
Anyone get the email to attend the Spirit Pilot "Schmooze Fest"? I got this email a few weeks back for the one in Seattle on the 26th. Just wondering if this is a job fair type deal where you wait in line for a while to talk with a recruiter for a few minutes. Is it required to attend this if invited? I ask because I have heard of other simply getting a phone interview after applying. I received this invitation after completing the little aptitude test they send you after applying.
Not that it sounds as though you are too terribly interested in Spirit, attending the job fair would show a desirability to work here. If you've gone through the trouble of filling out the app, taking the online assessment and researching the company, you could possibly make it to the next step with a job fair. At Spirit, they treat the job fairs as an initial interview step, not just a meet and greet. It is true though that many are beginning to get the cold-call with only an app on file.

Truthfully, the more pilots who show up for class and then soon resign for better jobs at legacies only helps our bargaining position for a better contract. So I encourage you to give it a shot. But please don't fool them at the interview and end up a miserable person to be with for a 4-day trip. We get it. Our pay is low; trying to make it better.

Good luck.