View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 07:06 PM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by S3toHerk View Post
It's all done by the computer. It spits out a name based on the parameters of the FARs and contract.

Good luck and have fun on your 2 day!
No, it's not. The computer checks to make sure you're FAR 117 legal and that's it, as Sputnik said in a previous post GS and reserve assignments are manually accomplished. Scheduling regularly makes significant errors, almost always in the company's favor. You need to be on top of what the contract says to make sure they are not stealing your pay or hard won QOL benefits. When I first got hired I asked a LOT of questions here; made some regulars angry, but I learned a lot about what is legal and what is not. I have the scheduling reference handbook and PWA on "speed dial" and look at them all the time, and when in doubt I call ALPA who has been very good about answering my more specific contract related questions.

Originally Posted by scambo1 View Post
Save your payback days for when you have a line and buy yourself out of trips, it's more lucrative than buying out of reserve days.
Said like a guy in a 169% manned category . Almost impossible to drop a trip on the 717. I tried to use my remaining 9 PB days from last year in March -- tried to drop my entire schedule. At the end of the 0700 20 Feb PCS run I had... my entire schedule and 9 PB days from last year. Nice to be in a short manned category for the premium pay and ability to get PB days, but except on rare onsie twosie occasions, impossible to spend the PB days other than supp vacation.