View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 04:34 AM
390SetBlue
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by Super EZ E View Post
The union isn't trying to make the pay better!! They could careless. The union doesn't feel it needs to look at the issue, the company will have to deal with the issue if they want people to select Spirit is the Unions view. This is wrong and the logic is so flawed I don't know where to start. It's par for the course at Spirit. When you don't require the company to pay retro pay you end up with the never ending "Contract talks". Guys stay where you are, the upgrade train is slowing and the new hire classes are back to 9 a month. That doesn't even cover the guys leaving for the majors. BTW: People aren't going to the job fairs and the company is worried about where they're going to find pilots. They think the Military guys are going to come and save the day! LOL!!
If you're speaking to first year pay, I don't think our union should expend negotiating capital on people who aren't here. The union is correct. Let the market and spirit determine first year pay. However, I do believe we should get retro pay and a smoother pay scale.