Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 03:24 PM
texpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Hey PortlySusan, welcome to the Blue!
As another RSV, regarding on time, we don't necessarily get called out for the on time or great weather stuff; usually when us lowly reserves get called its for a flight segment where something has gone wrong (weather, pilot timing out, sick, I'm not telling you anything you don't know). So I can see why things could seem to be consistently late from a clean up batters perspective.
What regional were you at before?

Only been here about 3 years, definitely room for improvement, but I'm happy and here for the long run (I think :-) ).

Tex

Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post
So a few quick observations for those considering JB, I've been here about 6 months. Previous I was an 11yr RJ CA.

1. JB is not an on time airline, nor do they claim to be. Almost all of your flights will be late. Some by a little, some by a lot.

2. Scheduling will push you harder than your regional, but will relent if you put up a fight.

3. Everyone really is happy that you at JB and will go out of their way to make that point.

4. Relations between the company and the pilot group are a bit frayed at the moment and IMO the tone of our MEC is very belligerent.

5. Given the trend of the industry, pay is low, especially training pay.

6. I'm happy here and have no apps in elsewhere.

7. I enjoyed my time at the lodge.