Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 05:27 PM
BlueBlood
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
Your question really doesn't have a reference to the FSM...

But there's no real good answer either. It's a total crap shoot and depends on which base, which plane, weekends on/off, is there an IROP coming, AM/PM?

just... for the love of god, be available when you get called so they don't have to fire another pilot for being stupid.
If I understood his question correctly; "what are the chances to be used when already have credit from hybrid"

Actually there is reference to the FSM. The answer is;

You will be bypassed for the assignment of known open time. That means what they assign starting at 7am the day before. That is completed by 12pm.

You will be used for unknown open time, either today or tomorrow, in a first in, first out order, as long as you are legal. Nothing to do with credit or seniority.

So, when a pairing is there before 7am the day before, they use credit, when a paring pops up after that, they go by start time of RAP.

Seniority is only the last tiebreaker in both cases.

You can reference all that in the flow charts at the end of the FSM.

Basically, CaptCool was right, it is a crap shot, and you have no way to know what will happen today, or tomorrow for most part.

I know you will be nominating me for TOTD but I have to insist, please read your FSM, for yourself and all of us. You have to be able to stand your ground if they call you violating the few rules we have. But if you don't know them, you can't defend yourself.

When I was fresh out of OE:

I got two hours call out for LGA.
Got assigned pairings two hours from initial call attempt.
Shorten my SCL to give me a pairing next day, without my consent.
Got an assignment before 8am the following day after a red eye.
Got a call at 4pm to convert LCR to SCL the following day.

I did not know, and I took all that.
But no more. I read the FSM.

Sorry for the long post...