Thread: STV vs. CBA
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
hyperone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777 Capt

Which is it?
"The LOA would allow the company to send a person to an FDA 1 bid period every 6 months...", or "The company cannot 'force' award anyone into a FDA..."
In any event, I think we both agree that under the current CBA, the company cannot force anyone to go overseas for 30 days, while only getting paid for the equivalent of 15 days of pay. The LOA will allow them to do that. I personally don't care if airfare for dependents is included or not - my wife works and couldn't get away anyway.
As to per diem and lodging, if I was sent on a TV to ANC, MEM, or LAX, I could commute in for trips, and at least get home for a good portion of the month. I probably wouldn't need the per diem or hotel. And again, I would have indicated to the company that I eventually wanted to be based there by putting that location on my standing bid.
Any way you cut it, the STV will be a bad deal for anyone unlucky enough to be assigned one. It gives the company an unprecedented amount of power. No other major airline in the United States has this ability, and it will be a huge windfall for Fedex if the LOA passes.
Just one of the many shortcomings of this thing.