View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 06:01 PM
uavking
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by MartinBishop View Post
1- Where does one look for those types of jobs?

2- How much do they typically pay?

3- What is the expected monthly amount of hours gained?
1. Jetcareers is the spot for these jobs. That's how I found mine, and it seems to be a trend with other guys I've talked to. Keep an eye on the "jobs available" subforum because, if there is an opening mid-season, it'll pop up there.

2. Pay varies by vendor in amount and model. I'd recommend going with a vendor that treats you as a W-2 employee, preferably salaried, rather than as a 1099 contractor (tax reasons, etc.). As an example, my vendor pays a daily salary, non-taxable per diem, Foreflight pay (works out to covering the cost+), and opportunities to get incentive pay for flying hours. On top of that, I get paid single occupancy hotel and shared rental car. On an annualized basis, I'd say one might make around $30k when it's all said and done. If you're a single guy who isn't paying for an apartment, etc., it's a good package.

3. Like another guy said, hours vary largely based on weather. I've had as low as a 60 hour month, and as high as a 140 hour month. I'd say, on average, expect 100 hour months. You've got a set daily window, and if the weather holds, you hustle hard, the hours are there for the taking. Expect to be all over the country, btw.