Thread: Skywest v2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 10:20 AM
disillusioned
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by peepz View Post
Pay is now 36.50 for year 1
So I just looked at the call notes and everywhere on our wonderful SAPA site, but failed to see that mentioned anywhere. I'm sorry but since we are an airline and we have to fly planes, we can't all be on these amazing calls. The ones I have attended have actually frustrated me enough that I make little effort to attend. When SAPA has precious little time with top management at SW and we spend that time talking about what cool guns everyone has (as admitted by RJ during one of the calls) it helps me understand why there are so many pro-company proposals being passed.

And now our former president just mentioned that SAPA passed a reflow policy and one that allows pilots not on our seniority list to fly 91 operations. Was anyone on the call and did SAPA mention this? Since the last SAPA meeting notes were from October (and those are only there because MP made a point to get them out there) there is no way for us to know what our "representatives" are voting for and if they align with our interests.

The longer we go without recalling our leadership, the more we are going to give up and have to fight to get back down the road. If they have passed any type of reflow without letting the pilots see it, we will be in bad shape. I wonder if the rush is to get something in place before the block hours increase for the summer? How nice will it be to get awarded 90 + hours and reflowed another 10 or so during the month.