View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 04:36 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Crawl View Post
Heard from some people in training that Ric came in for some Q and A and people questioned him pretty hard. When one asked, "do you really think it will be 2.5/6?" He responded, "Did I say 2.5? I think I said 3." That's not helping anyone's trust level. But... Supposedly more "good news" coming next week to keep that "momentum" building...

Bets on what the news will be?

Excercising the options?
Taking back planes from Expressjet? TSA? Compass?
Something relating to Reublic's recent bankruptcy filing?
300 upgrayyyyyyyydes?!?!?!
Well, I read that blast from the MEC and DFW reps and the "cautious optimism" phrase is one used umpteen times before only to.....as some say, result in being "underwhelmed". I have heard a rumor of another order of E-175's for Envoy (actually 40 again), so perhaps there might be something good this time. It would make sense as Envoy is slated to be essentially an E-jet airline. I wouldn't necessarily be growth, per se though. More importantly, should that occur it WOULD have the potential to improve schedules as it would bring back more mid-day flying.

But, that was before the RAH BK and although if true, I don't think that would alter another batch of E-jets for Envoy, but now Parker & Co. are no doubt mulling over their options regarding RAH and there are several potential options which may or may not add a new equation to AA feed.