Thread: Mesa?!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 03:55 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by determined2fly View Post
I have a question for you guys that suggest to "apply at Mesa, build time, and get out." How do you answer the question "Why did you leave your last job?" Wouldn't they think there is too much risk in hiring someone that will jump ship when they can't hack the work enviroment?
I left mesa, and I'm an ex-military diver. It wasn't that I couldn't "hack it" at mesa It was that I had too much self-respect to put up with that kind of garbage just in order line that *BLEEEEP* ornstein's pockets. I did the same thing any civilian would do when confronted with a significantly better job offer...I took the new job! You are not duty and honor bound to lifetime servitude at a regional airline....

Besides, many of the better regionals are adjusting their minimums and/or offering bonuses specifically to attract previously-qualified RJ drivers.

With that being said...when you are at an interview, you don't want to go on and on about how badly management *******ed, how they were out to get the pilots, etc. You do not want to come off as a whiner, so try to find some other excuse for wanting a new job (domiciles, pay, upgrade, etc).