Old 08-02-2007, 04:24 PM
DLax85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey
Wink

Yes, a few of you are "getting" my line of questioning.

For those of you who aren't --- are you "Yes" voters?

Are you actually willing to go lower and still accept this LOA?

If so, very enlightening --- and disappointing in some sense.

What are the cornerstone issues, that if removed, would have you change your vote to a "No"?

What are you passionate about when thinking about FDA compensation and benefits?

Please don't tell me you would really "buy into" this LOA for free....or vote "Yes" simply because your MEC told you it's the best we can do.

Hopefully, you felt there was still some need for you to judge it against some type of industry benchmarks.

Have you established any "personal minimums"for this LOA or for living in a FDA?

We're all taught to do this everyday when flying or preparing to fly ---sleep mins, alchohol mins/limitations, airspeed tolerance mins, etc.

It's interesting to note that the pilots who are most commonly viewed by their peers as being the most professional, are the ones that set "higher mins" then those required by Standards or by the FARs.

They are viewed as prudent, even conservative --- definitely not radicals.

It is very interesting that some of you have responded to my posts by saying why would we want management to know how low we will go?....I really don't think we should be doing that!

....I wholeheartedly agree!

But that is exactly what we will be signaling to management IF we accept this substandard LOA and move forward.

If this LOA is accepted as written, we will have firmly established a substandard minimum the company knows we are willing to accept and work under.

There is no future gaurantees that any facet of this LOA will be improved during the next round of negogiations.

The folks voicing why this LOA is substandard are not greedy, do not lack business sense, and are not part of some lunatic fringe of radical pilots.

They simply have come to grips with "how low they will go".

They are content with the risks of voting this LOA down because it is below what should be expected and is acceptable from such a highly profitable company; especially at a time when the company has such a great interest in expanding internationally with a known, highly reliable product delivery system.

They are also hopeful that our current MEC leadership can successfully bring the company back to the negogiation table and fix a few of the areas that need repair.

They believe the NC and MEC can succeed!

Once again, there is middle ground --- no need for condescending labels, scare tactics, threats or any form of brinksmanship from Mgt or the MEC.

FEDEX is a resounding, highly profitable, success every night and every day, because of the amazing hard work, cooperation and synchronicity that occurs on the flightline and in the hub.

Just a few thoughts and questions to ponder as you decide how to vote.....and we move forward with that outcome, together.

In Unity,

DLax