View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 05:31 PM
GuardBummer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by aewanabe View Post
GuardBummer, I've flown with tons of Pease guys, maybe even you (now you know my base). In the other thread, which admittedly got a bit heated, I referenced the FOM and FCOM when another poster called me out, with then caveat that I don't really want to go that route. Section 1 of the FOM has some pretty good info about turn time guidelines, and the respective duties of each pilot. If I respectfully explained my opinion on cleaning to you, asked you to defer when our customers and union have done the same, then pointed out more important priorities in our duties, you'd go back to cleaning to prove a point? I'd win that battle, but it's sad it even needs to be fought.
Im a tanker guy, but not Pease based, and I'm an E190 guy. I do not think we have flown together, because I have never been addressed regarding my willingness to help out in the back.

I have no problem with anyone who doesnt want to cross belts and clean up trash from seat backs. What I do have a problem with is a Captain going to pro standards on a FO because he decides to assist the FAs. Sure, you do this under the guise of missing Notams, etc., which is comical. Try this... How about holding all to the same standards based on their performance instead of trying to get someone talked to by pro standards because you dont like what they do during a turn.

Yes, I would go back to cleaning, as long as I had the time to complete a walk around or my preflight duties. I would do so only out of sight of the customers, which is my standard practice. Of all the battles one could pick, I think you could probably make a bigger impact with a more appropriate battle.